[back to lifestyle](http://studiob.ie/studiob/live.html)
In addition to the inspiring surroundings, Castletownbere is extremely affordable. The average cost to rent an apartment in the city center or a house affordable
* up 240€ per month (room in a shared apartment), * up 350€ per month (apartment), * up 400€ per month (house) * up 27€ per night and person [(B&B)](https://www.booking.com/region/ie/county-cork.de.html?aid=375009;label=ie-dNv3D1p8vx5vVdzOgpQeDQS140017234716%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap12500%3Ap2500.000%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg%3Afi%3Atiaud-294080460146%3Akwd-55987208975%3Alp20474%3Ali%3Adec%3Adm;sid=6422446d6d45c62e2458b2eeaa3ed054;) * up 47€ per night and person [(hotel)](https://www.hometogo.co.uk/hotel/5460aec7ab0e0?adword=google%2Fgb%2Fhs%2Fct%3Dhs%3Bd%3Dd%3Btc%3DGB%3Bln%3Den%3Bdc%3DIE%3Bot%3DHot%3Bmt%3Dp%3Bcid%3D9b0f09ee88d200e5%2Fie%2Fn-a%2F5460aec7ab0e0%2F216280267352%2Fhotels%20in%20castletownbere&arrival=2018-02-25&duration=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItr60zfeO2QIVLLftCh2tTwS6EAAYAiAAEgISP_D_BwE).
[**Other advantages of Castletownbere vs. a "big city":**](http://www.studiob.ie/studiob/location.html)
* strong sense of community * low crime rate * clean air, lower rate of pollution * little traffic (aka less stress in work commute) * short distance to work, shopping, recreational activities * quiet surroundings
**Public transport:** [bus eireann](http://journeyplanner.buseireann.ie/jp/bin/) (Options from Dublin/Cork to Castletownbere and Airport Kerry to Castletownbere)
driving times: [(car)](https://www.google.ie/maps/dir//cafe+pictic+%7C+openSoure+Cafe+%26+meeting+point,+Cametringane,+Co.+Corkfirstname.lastname@example.org,-9.912119,17z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x48457e4e09bce589:0x5df3b4f33a6a1c20!2m2!1d-9.909925!2d51.6509736) CTB to Cork 1 1/2 - 2 h CTB to Airport Cork 2 h CTB to Airport Kerry 1 1/2 h
*for these sports activities, especially water sports, the opportunity of a **new startup** opens up (website listing leisure companies, organizers, instructors, events, info shop in the whiteRoom market, shop and active center at the pier of Adrigole harbor where a currently inactive sailing center is situated)*.
* live music (sessions and concerts) * storytelling * theatre * cinema * 9 galleries on beara * coppermine museum * diverse festivals * poetry evenings * Book Club * Folk and Jazz Club (open to all) * library * traditional set dancing * disco * oldtimer ralleys * camping * bingo * kickboxing * fitness studio
* creative training * art workshops * flute making [Shakuhachi (workshops)](https://youtu.be/hmRPECd9Yig) * pottery workshops (on demand)
We are also in close proximity to the [Buddhist Meditation Centre](https://www.dzogchenbeara.org), which offers additional activities and meditations. This center draws people from all over the world to visit our peninsula.
* Rent our cafe space for private events * Join us for regularly hosted music and art events * Stop by for a donation-based warm drink or bit to eat
[**Coworking Space: studio b**](http://studiob.ie)
* Our shared workspace is intended to be affordable for new business and entreprenuers * Our specifically-designed space allows for sharing and collaboration * [Amenities](http://studiob.ie/studiob/amenities.html) include kitchen, conference room, and a meditation room
* Privacy is our top priority * Designed to accommodate workflows for small businesses and entrepreneurs * End-to-end encryption
* **Indoor Market: good things market** * Rent a space in our indoor market and make your passions a reality * Experimental space for entrepreneurs * Accommodates artists, culinary ventures, and a variety of creative visions
**Art Gallery: gallery EMPTINESS** (Gallery in progress.)
Our shared office space is located in the center of town, within one block of multiple restaurants, pubs, shops, and even doors away from the local library! Bordering the harbor with beautiful views of the water, our windows overlook both town life and fishing life that take place in Castletownbere.