Traveling for the required Hajj pilgrimage is still one of the most fulfilling and spiritual experiences one can have as a believer. Every year, millions of people come to Makkah with their Umrah Packages 2023 London to perform religious ceremonies. Although only licenced travel agencies, those that have been approved by the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah, are permitted to sell Hajj packages and 5 Star 12 Nights December Holidays Umrah Package, there are also unlicensed rogue agencies that operate in the area and defraud their clients. Their main objective is to take advantage of potential pilgrims by providing fake hajj travel services.
Travel fraud for the hajj is not a recent occurrence; it has happened in the past and, regrettably, still occurs now. Therefore, it is a pilgrim's responsibility in such a situation to take the appropriate precautions to prevent hajj fraud.
Here are some tips for avoiding Hajj scams.
How to identify a Fraudster? To be completely honest, there isn't a set way to spot a hajj fraudster. These fraudsters, whether they operate as a business or an individual, operate in such a covert manner that it becomes very challenging to identify them.
The hajj scammers' most popular strategy is to promote cheaper umrah and hajj packages than what is available on the market. As a result, many consumers are drawn to low-cost package deals that nevertheless include flights, lodging, and visas because they seem to offer excellent value. However, a fraudster won't really be giving you any of these items. Avoiding Hajj fraud.
1. Background research Always thoroughly investigate the travel agency you are choosing for your hajj vacation. Even if you found the firm through a referral, do your research on the travel agency before booking our vacation package. For instance, as only authorised agents are permitted to sell Hajj and Umrah Packages, ascertain whether the travel agency is still recognised by the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah.
• Request copies of your agent's approval certificates, licences, membership/association proofs, and other documents of a similar nature.
2. ATOL Protection Verify that your agency is currently licenced as an air travel organiser (ATOL). On the CAA website, you may also determine whether an agency is ATOL covered or not. Booking an ATOL hajj travel package is preferable because it keeps your entire overseas trip and stay period insured.
3. Written Agreements Get everything in writing before dealing with your travel agent, paying them, concluding an agreement, etc.
4. Payments In terms of payments, it's advisable never to pay the entire sum upfront in order to prevent falling prey to Hajj scam. Additionally, avoid sending money to a personal account via online bank transfers or cash. You will have the option of using credit/debit cards or checks if you book your umrah packages 2023 Leicester through a reliable travel agent.
These are a few things to keep in mind if you want to safeguard yourself from Umrah scams.